A Taste of Pensacola, Florida
DID YOU KNOW THESE FACTS ABOUT PENSACOLA?
Pensacola is the westernmost city in the Florida Panhandle and the county seat of Escambia County, Florida. As of the 2010 census, the city had a total population of 51,923, down from 56,255 at the 2000 census.
- Pensacola is nicknamed "The City of Five Flags" due to the five governments that have flown flags over it during its history: the flags of Spain (Castile), France, Great Britain, the Confederate States of America, and the United States. Other nicknames include "World's Whitest Beaches" (due to the white sand prevalent along beaches in the Florida panhandle), "Cradle of Naval Aviation", "Western Gate to the Sunshine State", "America's First Settlement", "Emerald Coast", "Redneck Riviera", "Red Snapper Capital of the World", and "P-Cola.
- Pensacola's location on the Florida Panhandle makes it vulnerable to hurricanes.
There are a number of annual festivals, events, historic tours, and landmarks. The Pensacola Seafood Festival and The Pensacola Crawfish Festival held in the heart of historic Downtown has been held for nearly 30 years with live music acts. The Great Gulfcoast Arts Festival is held annually in November in Seville Square often drawing more than 200 regional and international artists as well as The Children's Art Festival which is held in the same park featuring art by children from local area schools.
- The median income for a household in the city was $34,779, and the median income for a family was $42,868.
- The climate of Pensacola is humid subtropical, with short, mild winters and hot, humid summers. Typical summer conditions have highs in the low 90s °F and lows in the mid 70s. Afternoon or evening thunderstorms are common during the summer months.
WEGS 91.7 FM Milton, FL Christian Contemporary
WBLX 92.9 FM Mobile, AL Hip Hop
WZNS 96.5 FM Fort Walton Beach, FL Top-40
WABB 97.5 FM Mobile, AL Top-40
WRRX 106.1 FM Gulf Breeze, FL Urban Contemporary
WRGV 107.3 FM Pensacola, FL Urban Contemporary
WPNN (CP) 780 AM Pensacola, FL News/Talk
WPNN 790 AM Pensacola, FL News/Talk
WRNE 980 AM Gulf Breeze, FL Urban Contemporary
WTKE 1490 AM Milton, FL Sports
Real Women Radio in Pensacola, Florida
Demographics of Pensacola, Florida
Because Hispanics could be counted in other races, the totals above could possibly be more than 100%. If you would like a detailed listing of all ethnic groups in the U.S., please Click Here.
Famous Blacks from Pensacola, Florida
Businesses in Pensacola, Florida
A small percentage of the businesses listed on BlackCityInfo.com may not necessarily be black owned and operated but have received favorable reviews from users who have visited the establishment, or from the owners themselves who warmly seek out African American patronage.
BEAUTY CARE - HAIR SALONS - MULTICULTURAL
- African Touch - Category: Black Hair Salons - 3055 Michigan Ave.
Pensacola, FL (850) 944-9930
- April Chantal Global Skincare Studio - Category: Skincare - I am a licensed aesthetician specializing in muti ethnic, and mens skincare. I use advanced equipment and techniques to treat acne, manage aging, combat dryness, etc. I offer a full range of spa services such as airbrush makeup, body wraps, and waxing. 4400 Bayou Blvd, STE 47b
Pensacola, FL (850) 898-0806 - (visit website)
- Carlos Miller - Category: Black Barber - 5222 North W Street Unit N
Pensacola, FL 32505 (850) 438-0908
- Color of Success - Category: Black Hair Salons - 415 West Belmont St.
Pensacola, FL (850) 505-7751
- Cut-N-Up Barbering & Style - Category: Black Hair Salons - 6929 Mobile Hwy
Pensacola, FL (850) 944-9290
- Dean's Kuttin Edge - Category: Black Barber - 910 Michigan Ave.
Pensacola, FL (850) 433-9363
- Doris Healthy Hair Beauty Salon - Category: Black Hair Salons - 2618 Dr Martin Luther King Jr Dr, Pensacola, FL 32503-3814 (850) 470-0672
- Headz Up Beauty & Barber - Category: Black Hair Salons - 4108 Barrancas Ave
Pensacola, FL (850) 432-3987
- Krystalz Hair Salon - Category: Black Hair Salons - 3300 N Pace Blvd # 55, Pensacola, FL 32505-5145 (850) 438-3005
- Mary Kay Cosmetics - Michelle Crawford - Category: Cosmetics - 641 Childers Street Pensacola, FL (850) 968-0517
- Me and Mom's Family Hair Care - Category: Black Hair Salon - 2428 North 12th Ave. Pensacola, FL (850) 438-6700
- Miracles Hair & Nail Design - Category: Black Hair Salons - 201 North Navy Boulevard, Pensacola, FL 32507-2005 (850) 458-7676
- Signature Stylez Salon - Category: Salon - 3298 Summit Blvd Ste 4 Pensacola, FL 32503 (850) 479-4176 - (reviews)
- Tab's Beauty Salon - Category: Black Hair Salon - Relaxers, Sew-Ins, Color, & Quickweaves
405 Airport Blvd. Pensacola, FL (850) 417-2527 - (visit website)
- The Corner Barbershop - Category: Barber - a lot of attention into the detail. 5100 N 9th St
Pensacola, FL 32504 (850) 319-3288 - (reviews)
- Unity Salon & Spa - Category: Black Hair Salons - 919 W. Michigan Ave.
Pensacola, FL 32505 (850) 436-8866
BLACK BUSINESSES - SERVICES - VENDORS ETC.
- Ameriplan - Marvin E. Ginns, Sr. - Category: Insurance - 4040 Lynn Ora Dr. , Pensacola, FL (850) 505-0912
- Fisher Brown Insurance - Category: Insurance Services - Commercial Insurance Risk Advisor Church, restaurant, Construction and Manufacturing. 1701 W Garden St Pensacola, FL (850) 444-7632
- Gulf Coast African American - Category: Chamber of Commerce - 321 N De Villiers St # 306, Pensacola, FL 32501-3891 (850) 433-0593 - (visit website)
- Lee's Bio Performance Catalysts - Category: Energy - 7680 W. Hwy 98 #119, Pensacola, FL (850) 516-3345
- My Brothers And Sisters - Category: Community Services - Not-For-Profit Community Outreach Program committed to empowering the youth of today to be the leaders of tomorrow. Our programs and activities incorporate various seminars, workshops, and employment initiatives as vehicles to promote positive self image, commitment to family, ethics and education that will enable them to be productive citizens in society. Pensacola, FL - (visit website)
- 21st Century Marble and Granite - Category: Remodeling Services - 21st Century Marble & Granite, Inc. in Pensacola, FL is a marble and granite warehouse offering cultured marble and granite in addition to remodeling services. 1029 South Fairfield Drive Pensacola, FL (850) 898-1305 - (visit website)
DINING - CATERING - BBQ - SOUL FOOD
- Arlene Williams Bar-B-Que - Category: Bar-B-Q - Soul Food - 1440 North Pace Boulevard, Pensacola, FL 32505 (850) 696-2270
- Auntee's Soul Food from the Heart - Category: Soul Food Catering - 795 Beverly Parkway, Pensacola, FL 32505 (850) 288-1017
- Cajun Experience - Category: Cajun - 100 E Garden St, Pensacola, Escambia County, FL 32501-5624 (850) 432-4848
- Five Sisters Blues Cafe - Category: Soul Food Restaurants - Regular live blues music - 421 W. Belmont St., Pensacola, FL 32501 (850) 912-4856 - (visit website)
- King's Bar-B-Q - Category: Bar-B-Q - 2120 North Palafox Street, Pensacola, FL 32501-1721 (850) 433-4479
- Marilyn's Soulfood - Category: Soul Food Restaurants - 4022 West Fairfield Drive, Pensacola, FL 32505-4733 (850) 912-8293
- Mr. Wings - Category: Buffalo Wings / Chicken & Waffles - Our authentic taste and unique flavors separate us from carbon copy chain restaurants, and offer a welcome alternative to run-of-the-mill fast food franchises. Committed to spicing up the competitive wing game with our flavorful creations, Mr. Wings undoubtedly serves up some of the best eating in town! 3507 N Pace Blvd. Pensacola, FL 32503 (850) 637-1035 - (visit website)
- Queen B Soul Food - Category: Soul Food Restaurants - 2601 Alcaniz St, Pensacola, Escambia County, FL 32503-3813 (850) 432-8979
- Ron's Soul Food - Category: Soul Food - 407 N De Villiers St, Pensacola, FL 32501 (850) 435-0927
- The Rib Shak - Category: Bar-B-Q - Soul Food - 17348 Perdido Key Dr, Pensacola, FL 32507 (850) 607-8017 - (visit website)
CITY VIDEO CONNECTION
Daddy Daghter Date Night 2016 WEAR TV
Pensacola, FL Black Motorcycle Clubs
- Allen Chapel AME Church - 500 North Guillemard Street, Pensacola, FL 32501-3948
- Anew Warrington Church Of God In Christ - 1100 Hawthorne Street Pensacola FL 32507 (850) 458-1768 - (visit website)
- Antioch Missionary Baptist Church - 625 North "D" Street, Pensacola, FL 32501
(850) 434-1904 - (visit website)
- Bethel AME Church - 511 Woodland Drive, Pensacola, FL 32503-2764
- East Hill Church of God In Christ - 400 East Jordan St. Pensacola, FL 32503 (850) 433-7507 - (visit website)
- Greater Mount Lily Missionary Baptist Church - 619 E Gadsden St, Pensacola, FL 32501
(850) 432-0403 - (visit website)
- Hurst Chapel AME Church - 705 North C Street, Pensacola, FL 32501-2956
(850) 434-3870 - (visit website)
- St. John Divine Missionary Baptist Church - 620 E. Jordan St., Pensacola, FL 32503
(850) 432-0568 - (visit website)
- St. Mark Church of God in Christ - 57 Hannah Circle Pensacola FL 32534 (850) 478-4660 - (visit website)
- Zion Hope Primitive Baptist Church - 201 W Leonard St, Pensacola, FL
(850) 434-3355 - (visit website)
- Coconuts Comedy Club - Category: Comedy Club - 7200 Plantation Rd, Pensacola, FL 32504 (850) 484-6887
- Five Sisters Blues Cafe - Category: Blues Music - Soul Food - Regular live blues music - 421 W. Belmont St., Pensacola, FL 32501 (850) 912-4856 - (visit website)
- The Seville Quarter Nightclub - Category: Nightclub - 130 E Government St, Pensacola, FL 32502 (850) 434-6211 - (visit website)
- Bands on the Beach
(September ) Location: Gulfside Pavilion - 735 Pensacola Beach Blvd. Pensacola Beach, FL 32561
Entertainment, good music and don't forget to bring lawn chairs! Soul, Funk, Rock and more.
- Jamaican Fest
(September ) Location: Portofino Boardwalk - Pensacola Beach, FL 32561 (850) 932-1500
Featuring live music.
- Pensacola Seafood Festival
(September ) Location: Seville Square - Pensacola Beach, FL 32502
- (visit website)
Entertainment, delicious seafood dishes.