A Taste of North Miami Beach, Florida
DID YOU KNOW THESE FACTS ABOUT NORTH MIAMI BEACH?
- North Miami Beach (commonly referred to as NMB) is a Miami suburban city in Miami-Dade County, Florida, United States. Originally named Fulford in 1926 after Captain William H. Fulford of the United States Coast Guard, the city was incorporated in 1927 as Fulford, but was renamed North Miami Beach in 1931. The population was 41,523 at the 2010 census.
- The median income for a household in the city was $31,377, and the median income for a family was $35,047.
- Attractions in the vicinity of North Miami Beach include a line of popular ocean beaches. Haulover Park and Haulover Beach, operated by Miami-Dade County Parks and Recreation, has a well known clothing optional beach.
WAYF 88.1 FM West Palm Beach, FL Christian Contemporary
WDNA 88.9 FM Miami, FL Jazz
WRMB 89.3 FM Boynton Beach, FL Religious
WFEZ 93.1 FM Miami, FL Easy Listening
W228BY (WHYI) 93.5 FM Miami, FL Top-40
WMIA 93.9 FM Miami Beach, FL Dance
WPOW 96.5 FM Miami, FL Hip Hop
WEDR 99.1 FM Miami, FL Hip Hop
W262AN (WIOD) 100.3 FM Tamarac, FL News/Talk
WHYI 100.7 FM Fort Lauderdale, FL Top-40
WMXJ 102.7 FM Pompano Beach, FL Classic Hits
WAXY (CP) 104.3 FM Miramar, FL Sports
WHQT 105.1 FM Coral Gables, FL Urban Contemporary
Demographics of North Miami Beach, Florida
Because Hispanics could be counted in other races, the totals above could possibly be more than 100%. If you would like a detailed listing of all ethnic groups in the U.S., please Click Here.
(BPRW) SONSHINE WINS STATEWIDE LITTER PREVENTION AND EDUCATION CAMPAIGN
(BLACK PR WIRE) – (Miami, Fla.) Sonshine Communications, a full-service public relations, marketing and advertising agency headquartered in North Miami Beach, Florida, was awarded a three-year anti-litter media and marketing campaign - a first of its kind - by the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT).
“We are absolutely thrilled to have won over a number of exceptional (and very large) advertising and marketing agencies from around the country,” exclaims an elated Bernadette Morris, CEO of Sonshine and leader of the campaign’s proposal submission and pitch. “It means a great deal to us and speaks volumes to the brand of work and service we provide.”
Pictured: Bernadette Morris, CEO of Sonshine Communications
Morris selected a core team of agency partners to work as subcontractors with her on this campaign, including Sachs Media Group, Cunningham Group, Inc., and Bill Hinkley Center for Solid and Hazardous Waste Management. Together, she and the team will work with FDOT to develop and implement a new and innovative media campaign that will provide litter prevention education messages and heighten awareness to affect change. “Ultimately, our goal is to end litter on our state roadways,” says Morris.
Incorporated in 1993, Sonshine Communications is one of the most seasoned and successful public relations, marketing and advertising firms in the nation. Sonshine specializes in cause-related campaigns, and offers a wide array of services including advertising, public and community outreach, diversity marketing, media relations, event planning and management, web development, multi-media and graphic design, and much more.
Sonshine is an independently-owned agency and among the first in the country to be the recipient of two multiple-award, highly-competitive and much-coveted contracts via GSA Schedule for Advertising and Integrated Marketing Solutions (AIMS). The firm is solely minority-owned (by an African-American female) and is headquartered in its own 20,000+ square-foot corporate facility in North Miami Beach, Florida.
For more information about Sonshine Communications, visit www.sonshine.com or call (305) 948-8063.
Submissions on this website are provided for information purposes only. BlackCityinfo.com does not accept any responsibility or liability for the use or misuse of the article, submissions content on this site or reliance by any person on the site's contents. Use at your own risk.
No Implied Endorsement:
BlackCityinfo.com does not endorse or recommend any article, submission on this site or any product, service or information found within said articles, submissions. The views and opinions of the authors who have submitted articles to BlackCityinfo.com belong to them alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of BlackCityinfo.com.
Businesses in North Miami Beach, Florida
A small percentage of the businesses listed on BlackCityInfo.com may not necessarily be black owned and operated but have received favorable reviews from users who have visited the establishment, or from the owners themselves who warmly seek out African American patronage.
BEAUTY CARE - HAIR SALONS - MULTICULTURAL
- Jenny’s Hair Salon & Nails Spa - Category: Hair Salons - - 14610 NE 6th Ave., Suite 10 North Miami Beach, FL 33161 (305) 944-9951
- Prima Dominican Hair & Beauty Salon - Category: Dominican Hair Salons - - 1615 NE 163rd St. North Miami Beach, FL 33162 (305) 956-2777
AFRICAN AMERICAN ARTS & CULTURE
- Daleus Museum & Art Gallery - Category: Museum - 1682 NE 123rd St.
North Miami, FL 33181 (305) 891-0030
- Next Generation Dance Company - Category: Dance - 13631 NW 7th Ave.
North Miami, FL 33168 (305) 685-0037
- The M Ensemble - Category: Theater - Florida's Oldest Established African-American Theater Company - 12320 W. Dixie Highway
North Miami, FL 33161 (305) 899-2217 - (visit website)
BLACK BUSINESSES - SERVICES - VENDORS ETC.
- Show Technology Inc. - Category: Advertising Services - 353 N. Seaboard Road North Miami Beach, FL 33169 (305) 652-7888
- Sonshine Communications - Category: Advertising Services - 975 North Miami Beach Blvd. North Miami Beach, FL 33162 (305) 948-8063 - (visit website)
- The Design Group Miami - Category: Event Planning Services - 20200 NE 15th Court North Miami Beach, FL 33179 (305) 652-7900
DINING - CATERING - BBQ - SOUL FOOD
- Chef Creole Seafood & Catering - Category: Haitian Cuisine - 7957 NW 2nd Ave.
North Miami, FL 33150 (305) 754-2298
- Chef Creole Seafood & Catering - Category: Haitian Cuisine - 13105 W. Dixie Highway North Miami, FL 33161 (305) 893-4246
- Konata’s Restaurant - Category: Vegetarian - 13343 NW 7th Ave.
North Miami, FL 33168 (305) 688-7400
- The Rumcake Factory - Category: American - 2075 NE 163rd St.
North Miami Beach, FL 33162 (305) 957-0074
CITY VIDEO CONNECTION
Sunny Isles North Miami Beach Aventura Mall And Downtown Miami
- Greater Gibbs Chapel A.M.E. Church - 1538 NE 152nd St. North Miami Beach, FL 33162