A Taste of Chandler, Arizona
DID YOU KNOW THESE FACTS ABOUT CHANDLER?
- Chandler is a city in Maricopa County, Arizona, United States, and is a prominent suburb of the Phoenix, Arizona, Metropolitan Statistical Area. It is bordered to the north and west by Tempe, to the north by Mesa, to the west by Phoenix, to the south by the Gila River Indian Community, and to the east by Gilbert. The population was 236,123 according to the Census Bureau 2010.
- Since the early 1990s, the City of Chandler has experienced exponential growth, ranking among the fastest-growing municipalities in the country. Indeed, nearly 100,000 homes dot the landscape today and the population has surged to more than 238,000 residents who enjoy a vibrant, ethnically diverse community with exceptional schools, top-notch healthcare, new parks, restaurants and retail centers. The heart of Chandler remains its revitalized historic downtown, that includes the award-winning Chandler City Hall and a Center for the Arts that attracts national and local performers. In 2010, Chandler was named as an All-America City, a prestigious honor bestowed by the National Civic League. Chandler was the only Arizona winner for the 61st annual awards. In 2012, the City celebrates its 100th Birthday. Centennial events are planned throughout the entire year.
- The median income for a household in the city was $70,456, and the median income for a family was $81,720. Males had a median income of $44,578 versus $31,763 for females. The per capita income for the city was $23,904. About 4.6% of families and 6.6% of the population were below the poverty line, including 7.7% of those under age 18 and 8.0% of those age 65 or over.
- Chandler is noted for its annual Ostrich Festival. Initially, agriculture was the primary business in Chandler, based on cotton, corn, and alfalfa. During the 1910s, there were ostrich farms in the area, catering to the demand for plumes used in women's hats of the era. This demand ebbed with the increasing popularity of the automobile, but the legacy of the ostrich farms would be commemorated by the Ostrich Festival.
K204DR (KZAI) 88.7 FM Laveen, AZ Christian Contemporary
KVIT 90.7 FM Apache Junction, AZ Top-40
KTAR 92.3 FM Glendale, AZ News/Talk
K224CJ (KNRJ) 92.7 FM Phoenix, AZ Hip Hop
KYOT 95.5 FM Phoenix, AZ Rhythmic Oldies
K241BQ (KBSZ) 96.1 FM Fort McDowell, AZ News/Talk
KZON 101.5 FM Phoenix, AZ Hip Hop
KZZP 104.7 FM Mesa, AZ Top-40
KFYI 550 AM Phoenix, AZ News/Talk
KMVP 860 AM Phoenix, AZ Gospel Music
KGME 910 AM Phoenix, AZ Sports
Demographics of Chandler, Arizona
Because Hispanics could be counted in other races, the totals above could possibly be more than 100%. If you would like a detailed listing of all ethnic groups in the U.S., please Click Here.
Businesses in Chandler, Arizona
A small percentage of the businesses listed on BlackCityInfo.com may not necessarily be black owned and operated but have received favorable reviews from users who have visited the establishment, or from the owners themselves who warmly seek out African American patronage.
BEAUTY CARE - HAIR SALONS - MULTICULTURAL
- Ageez Hair Center - Category: Black Barber - 1368 N. Arizona Ave, Suite 102 Chandler AZ 85225 (480) 857-3171
- Balaros Hair Salon Phase ll - Category: Hair Salons - 2081 N Arizona Avenue Suite 127 Chandler AZ 85225 (480) 857-1387
- Hair Care by Kemi - Category: Hair Salons - 930 E. Warner Rd. #28
Chandler AZ 85225 (602) 386-6030
- Hair Dollz Salon - Category: Hair Salons - We specialize in healthy hair care and flawless extensions! 930 E. Warner Rd Suite#22
Chandler, AZ 930 E. Warner Rd Suite#22 (480) 593-3180 - (visit website)
- Inhairitance Salon - Category: Hair Salons - 3150 N. Alma School Rd, Suite 3
Chandler AZ 85224 (480) 917-0091
- Ms. Tychelle's - Category: Hair Salons - 2316 N. Alma School Rd. Suite #115 Chandler, Az 85224 (480) 251-3351
- Rambha Day Spa & Salon - Category: Hair Salons - 955 W Chandler Heights Rd
Chandler, AZ 85248 (480) 394-0769 - (reviews)
- Reveal Hair Studio - Stylist Kemi - Category: Hair Salons - 930 E. Warner Rd. #4 Chandler , AZ 85225 (602) 386-6030
- Robert Paul Salon - Category: Hair Salons - 590 N. Alma School Rd. Chandler, Az 85225 (480) 251-3351
- Royalty Hair Salon - Category: Hair Salons - Locks, Natural Hair Care, Twists Etc - 3936 E Chandler Blvd. # 111, Chandler AZ 85044 (480) 704-1617
- Una Bella Creations Salon - Category: Hair Salons - 930 E. Warner Rd, Suite #29 Chandler, Az 85225 (480) 593-3180
- Universal Hair & Beauty Supply - Category: Beauty Supply - 2055 N. Dobson Rd, suite 6 Chandler, AZ 85224 (480) 857-8892
BLACK BUSINESSES - SERVICES - VENDORS ETC.
- Cynthia Smitherman - Category: Broker at Exit Realty Gainey Ranch - Arizona School of Real Estate and Business Chandler, Arizona (602) 697-4487
- (visit website) - (visit website)
- Duediligence Systems - Category: Human Resources, Education, and Governmental Development - Chandler, Arizona 85225 (202) 340-9876
- Inspirador - Category: Entertainment Venue - 63 E. Boston Street Chandler, Arizona 85225 (888) 638-2671
- MyClickUrban - Category: Mobile - MyClickUrban is the best mobile solution for your urban lifestyle agenda. The app and website is the convenient go to destination for people on the go. Find and post events for those with urban interests and/or urban lifestyles via the website and the Apple app (available for all iOS devices).
MyClickUrban (MCU) is as multi-dimensional and broad-minded as its urban users. Since your tastes are not limited, neither is the app and website. The MCU listings include events that you can attend with a date, children, business colleagues, family members, or your closest friends.
Need to Know? Local Events
Never miss another event because you didn't see the email blast or didn?t log on to social media. Use MCU to look up a music concert, a comedy show, a wine-tasting event, or that local band you?ve been meaning to see.
Have an Event to Promote?
We want to hear from you! MCU encourages promoters, venues, and artists to submit events for posting on the MCU website and the app! Send us your family-oriented shows, your grown and sexy events, your academic conferences, and much more.
To be honest, we have strict guidelines and we monitor posts carefully in order to maintain the integrity of the MCU family and affiliates but we encourage you to post away! We'd love to learn more and help promote what's going on your city. - (visit website)
DINING - CATERING - BBQ - SOUL FOOD
- Chandler BBQ Co - Category: Barbecue, Sandwiches, Subs, Southern, Soul Food - 2040 S Alma School Rd. Chandler, AZ 85286
- Hot Pot - Category: Restaurants - 2081 N. Arizona Av. Chandler, AZ 85225
- Michael and Christi's Heavenly Soul Food - Category: Soul Food Restaurants - 1900 West Chandler Boulevard Chandler AZ 85224 (480) 855-5999
- Ocean Blue Caribbean Restaurant - Category: Caribbean Restaurants - 6140 Chandler Blvd Chandler,AZ 85226 (480) 753-6000
- Redfish Restaurant - Category: Seafood, Southern, Cajun, Creole - 2530 W Chandler Blvd Chandler, AZ 85226 (480) 821-1455
- Tina's Ethiopian Cafe - Category: Ethiopian, African - 2530 479 N Arizona Ave Chandler, AZ (480) 917-0116
CITY VIDEO CONNECTION
Information for relocating to Chandler AZ
- Black Dating in Chandler, Arizona
- African American Landmarks
- Apartment Search
- Attractions in Chandler, Arizona
- Black Arizona
- Black Beauty Salons
- Black Church Guide
- Black Doctors in Chandler, Arizona
- Chandler, Arizona Forums
- Crime in Chandler, Arizona
- Demographics of Chandler, Arizona
- Employment in Chandler, Arizona
- Hotels in Chandler, Arizona
- Neighborhoods in Chandler, Arizona
- Public Schools in Chandler, Arizona
- Real Estate in Chandler, Arizona
- Relocating to Chandler, Arizona
- Soul Food Restaurant Listing
- The Soul List
- Useful BlackCityInfo.com Referrals
- Grace Memorial Church of God in Christ - 233 E Morelos St, Chandler, AZ 85225
- New Saint John Community Fellowship Ame Church - 900 W Chandler Blvd, Chandler, AZ 85225-4907 (480) 782-7897 - (visit website)
- Chandler Jazz Festival - ( April ) - (visit website)
Come and enjoy a spectacular weekend of great Jazz in a variety of outdoor and indoor venues. All performances are free. While you enjoy many of the free performances you can also visit the galleries, restaurants and shops that make Downtown Chandler a great place to visit. New Orleans Bourbon Street-style festival. (480) 855-3539.